In many years the mobile app sector has increased manifold and hence its demand is high. Every company that wants to sell, assist, provide service, or offers information is into making their apps accessible to the customers. Apart from brainstorming how the app will function and what resources will be required, it is important to figure out which technology will serve your needs the best. There are multiple mobile app technologies that are widely used for a specific platform or for cross-platform app development. The four major programming languages that are largely used for mobile app development are –
- Swift– If you are building something specific for Apple products, Swift is the language to seek. It has advanced features with minimal coding that can be easily maintained.
- C++– It forms the simplistic base for most programming languages and possesses the power to create dynamic apps. The simple and effective compiler based approach makes it a versatile tool that can be used for multiple platforms. Its sister language, Objective-C, was earlier used for app development in Apple systems.
- Java– This object-oriented programming language is the official language for Android development. This language is easy to handle and many open source libraries are made available for users to choose from.
- HTML5– There is no better technology to use than HTML5 if your organization is looking at developing web-frontend applications for mobile devices.
- PHP– A rather easy language to learn, PHP is object-oriented and uses a three-layered model to help create dynamic mobile apps and web applications. It works great for apps that require database integration.
A host of tools is available as a part of advanced mobile app technologies for those who are looking to get an easier solution over getting started from the roots. These developer tools are perfect for building an app easily from the ground up and even offer multi-platform capabilities for reaching larger audiences. The top tools that can help you get started are –
- PhoneGap– This Adobe’s tool is available for multiple platforms such as Android, Windows, and iOS. It comes with a framework that wraps HTML5 apps in native containers for applications that require web applications for mobile platforms. Access loads of hardware feature that mobiles offer and connect them to your app using this technology.
- RhoMobile– Get a powerful open-source framework that is based on Ruby using this platform. It allows users to develop native apps for multiple platforms easily. The powerful and functional framework is perfect for building apps for most major smartphones with the need to code only once.
When it comes to mobile app technologies, there are multitudes of options to choose from. A better way to approach is to have a ground plan and seek the help of a mobile app development company like ours that offers complete app development as per your requirement.